A powerful punch to dull and lifeless skin. Retinol is the gold standard in skincare, higher amounts of retinol benefits the skin by stimulating the body's natural production of collagen. This rebuilding action can make wrinkles appear less severe, as well as reduce the appearance of age spots, and sun damage. Retinol is also extremely beneficial for treating acne symptoms.
Planet Eden Vitamin A+ C Skin Peel - 1 oz
Green Teal Hydrosol, 40% Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Retinoic Acid, 10% Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid
The Nuts and Bolts of a Retinol Peel
What are the benefits?
- Reverses signs of aging
- Prevents further skin damage
- Triggers natural formation of collagen to reduce pore size and improve texture
- Improves sun damaged skin
Is it safe to use?
- YES. This product is the gold standard for acne treatment and the best product available for anti-aging purposes. Retinol should not be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
I am breaking out, what happened?
- Blemishes from the peel is normal, anytime a peel is applied ot the skin pimples may form from trapped oil/dirt or from a reaction from the treatment. These will subside with additional treatments and are normal
Can I dilute this if I have very sensitive skin?
- Yes, just like any other dilution, mixing equal parts Vit A+ Peel with another serum or cream, this will cut the active percentage in half. You may dilute it in 3rds as well.
How long does it take to "peel"?
- Generally you may start peeling within the first day, for most by the 2nd or 3rd day. If no flaking or peeling occurs by the 5th day then reapply. Heavy peeling is generally not the norm, flaking is the general outcome for most skin types.
SENSITIVITY ISSUES: If you are sensitive to this peel, then only apply it once a month; others may need to utilize it every two months. See how your skin reacts and use according. One application - once per month - is more than enough!
EYE AREA: Ideally, we advise you to protect the entire eye area (including the outer corners of the eyes and the entire lash line) with petrolatum and/or avoid the application of the peel entirely if you have very sensitive eyes.
POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS: Side effects are rare. When excessive flaking occurs, inflammation or erythema (prolonged redness) can occur. Treat aggressively to prevent PIH. Use a topical steroid cream such as 1% hydrocortisone to reduce side effects. Pretreatment prior to applying the peel should be done to avoid PIH for darker skin tones, For skin types prone to PIH, hydroquinone may be applied daily for 1 week prior to the peel application.
DO NOT USE THIS PEEL IF:
- Ruddy Complexion
- OVERLY sensitive skin types
- Sunburned skin or open wounds
As with ALL skincare products this should be used at least 3-4x to see dramatic results, most products are not "instant" as years of skin damage cannot be removed with 1 treatment.
Wash skin with a soap free cleanser.
Applier barrier ointment (oil or petrolatum) to eye area.
Apply skin peel. *Follow application times denoted below*
This is a customizable peel that you will apply according to your skin’s sensitivity level. Do not apply more than 1x around folds of nose or close to your eyes as these locations are very sensitive.
ALWAYS WEAR+AR a SPF of 50+ on your skin AFTER the peel up to 2-3 weeks afterwards as your skin will be VERY sensitive to the sun. Failure to wear sunscreen after thepeel can result in darkening or hyperpigmentation (dark spots) on the skin and sunburns.
APPLICATION TIMES: BEGIN WITH ONE EVENING ONLY YOUR FIRST TIME.
Eye area: Apply 1 evening only. *NEVER apply this more than one time on the eye area*
Neck area: Skip entirely OR, dilute in 1/2 with another cream or serum and apply for a single night only. Increase with caution.
Sensitive skin: Apply 1 evening only.
Normal skin: Apply 2 evenings only.
Tougher skin: Apply 3 evenings only. *Long term retinoid use. Not bothered by stronger peels.
WHEN DOES PEELING START?
As the skin dries out and tightens, the onset of peeling may be apparent on the second day or third. Your skin will most likely start peeling before you finish your third night. However, everyone;s skin is beautifully unique and may not respond right away, no worrie, if your skin is not peeling after the 3rd day and you applied only 1x, apply again and wait an additional 2 days.
YOUR SKIN WILL STILL BENEFIT FROM THE PEEL EVEN IF THE SKIN DOES NOT PEEL! "Peeling" is a relative word, most individuals will "flake" and will not have sheets of skin come off.